Monday, September 8, 2008

Assignment # 3: Poster


Steps of Making the Poster

1)    First step of making the poster: I used the pen tool to draw the tree branches. With the help of the convert anchor point tool I had control over composition and edited the lines and the curves of the tree crown. Then I applied the delete anchor point to make the tree branch I also used the add anchor point tool to complete the tree branch.

2) I continued on using the same approach for drawing the leaf. 



3)    Third step of making the poster: I went to object + group to make the trees in one group, so can move the trees, branches together with their leafs. 

4) Forth step of making the poster: With the same method I drew the hills, the sun, and clouds.

5)    Fifth step of making the poster: After this step I wanted apply color to my composition.  I first used the selection tool and selected each illustration individually and then used the palette tool and dragged it to color tool and then to gradient tool. I used a shade of blue for the sky. I used to different shades of brown for the tree and two shades of green for the leaf.  I also applied the gradient tool with tone of green for the hills.  Fist I drew a very simple sun with the pen tool, but then I decided to change the sun, in order to make it more realistic.  First I went to the Ellipse tool+ shift to make a circle. Secondly, I went to object>path>add anchor point for several times. Third, I went to filter>Distort>pucker & bloat. Then I clicked on preview, clicked on choose 0-14 number then ok.  Forth, I clicked on scallop that is under wrap tool (double click) then for width and height I put 140 pt with 20% intensity and I chose 10 for complexity. Fifth, I put the plus sign on the center of the circle.  I selected the sun, went to the palette tool and to color (yellow+ orange) and then the gradient tool to apply color. I also colored the clouds in white.


6) Finally… my poster. I added my message, which relates to saving the trees. I also added my log at top left hand corner of my poster. For contact I added my blogg address.  My goal is saving the tree because they have an important role in the environment for both humans and animals. 

  

No comments: