Monday, March 9, 2009

TOPIC 2

Do you often take what is on the Internet as truth without thinking much about it? If yes, why? If no, why? Discuss this in your own words.

Two critical reflections: 

Based on the comic strip that I just read and also from personal experiences I know for a fact that you cannot rely on the Internet. There are people out there that have access to websites, and they post things on the net that is not always true.  I always try to search about different topics or news from relevant websites.

 

For example, I had a personal experience with irrelevant websites. About a year ago I had done a research on a science project, and I had searched about the topic through the Internet. When I consulted my research with my teacher, he said that some of the information from research are not based on fact. When he brought a relevant article on my topic, I noticed that information mentioned in the article was some how different from one mentioned in the website. From that day on I told my self that I would always check and make sure that the websites that I visit are reliable networks.

 

No comments: