Sunday, March 1, 2009

Media Culture- Social Media

Two Critical Discussions:

The Video entitled “social Media” reflects on our personal lives in many ways. I would describe social media as a tool of communication.  As human beans we al need to communicate. We want to be involved and interact with other humans with communication.  Humans have the tendency to communicate through the sequence of thoughts, feelings, and ideas.  Social media has created a network of social groups through out the world.  For instance we all know about social media applications such as Facebook, MySpace, and YouTube.  Personally I use these social network groups to communicate with different people around the world.  I want to learn about different cultures, heritages, and backgrounds. This way I have the ability to improve my knowledge about different people and what to expect from them.  

In the video entitled “Social Media” we see social media not just as a tool of communication, but also advertising.  The director seeks to explain the concept of social media in community called “Scoop Ville.” In the video we see that the people living in Scoop Ville got to explore the ice cream machine. In my notion the ice cream machine was a tool for creating a social group, which is also connected to advertising.  The people had the chance to explore different flavors of ice cream. This was an opportunity for the people to meet with different people and also gain profit.  Generally speaking, I think that the generation that we live in now has the potential to communicate in many different ways. Communication can be resourceful for us. For me, I have the opportunity to post my ideas and creativity (art/music) throughout the social network and get feed back from different people who also seek the same goals in life.  

 

No comments: